Brigantia is our creative meeting and making space in the heart of Dewsbury. It’s a place for people to come together for creativity and learning, collaboration and conversations.
A large open space with two, interlinked workshop or meeting rooms, a lounge and kitchen; wi-f fi, screening and projection facilities.
It’s the home of Dewsbury’s Creative Breakfasts, It’s A Word Thing Spoken word group and a place where, once a month, people who work independently in the arts get together for Freelance Thursdays, with guest speakers, networking and social opportunities.
All kinds of things have been made in Brigantia:
- 154 Collective’s touring Family show, Rabbit Girl & The Search For Wonder
- IOU’s writing and poetry workshops for Rear View
- Walk the Plank ‘s Make It Happen School for the Dewsbury Togethering
- Brilliant light artand magnificent lanterns with local students and artists from across Europe for HeckmondLIGHT
- The Weeping Sisters with 6M+ for Holocaust Memorial Day
And it’s where we are making the next generation of young outdoor arts producers with Emergency Exit Arts through the Paper Peace project.
becoming a brigantia member
Most of our events are free or low cost; and if you want to join in any of the events or activities at Brigantia, or to book the space, you will need to become a member. This is open to anyone over 16+ years and costs just £3 a year.
As a member you can:
- Join in creative courses, workshops and tasters
- Come along to professional training and talks
- Sign up for social and networking events with a diverse group of creative folk
- Book space for meetings, making and creative project work
- Receive regular updates on what’s happening
- Be a part of the Brigantia conversation and help steer its future
Brigantia is not currently wheelchair accessible after 5pm. There is an accessible toilet and on-street parking outside the building. If you’d like to know anything further about accessibility contact us on 01924 437 966.
Brigantia is located on the 5th floor of Empire House on Wakefield Old Road in Dewsbury Town Centre. Empire House is the building above the Post Office, just next to the town hall. Someone will be located at the entrance of the building to send you in the right direction on the day of an event.
Discover events, courses and talks at Brigantia here.
join brigantia today
To join Brigantia, all you need to do today is to go to https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/creativescene and click on Brigantia Membership to buy your annual membership for just £3.
where to find us
Find out what's on
Are you ready to join in on the creative scene?See what's on